1. Walks on the beach. This is what keeps us coming back every year. There are miles of shoreline suitable for sunbathing, jogging, biking, etc.
3. Travel the island by bike. This may be the best way to see the island. The inter coastal/marsh views can be spectacular. This is also a good opportunity to see some of the critters of the island (deer, alligators, bobcats, etc.). The other great feature with these island bikes is they are suitable for riding on the beach.
4. Go kayaking or canoeing on the inter-coastal. As mentioned in #3 above, this is a great way to see the wildlife in their native habitats.
Shell collecting. This activity is a good way to bring home some souvenirs of your visit to the island. This one goes with #1.
5. Fishing & Crabbing. The island offers fishing charters as well as crabbing supplies to try your luck at catching some local seafood.
6. Visit Newton farms. This is a good place to load up on groceries for those meals you want to prepare yourself. In addition there are a variety of stores that cater to all interests (clothing, ice cream shop, etc). There is even a Internet cafe should you feel to send a quick hello e-mail back home.
7. Visit the Sanctuary. This is the premier hotel on the island. I personally haven't stayed here, but the grounds are beautiful with great amenities such as large pool, health spa, and few first class restaurants. Hotel offers wireless internet capability so I usually check my e-mail here in the lobby while sipping a coffee watching the ocean.
8. World class tennis facilities. There are several tennis courts on this island that offer court rental as well as instruction. Good place to practice up on your game.
9. Night Heron Park..........Large recreation area is great place to take kids to burn off energy. Features basketball courts, soccer fields, pool, and many other activities. There is also a neat nature museum that features some of the local critters found on the island.